Tuesday, December 6, 2011

" Vintage" Baby Shoe Tutorial


One of them is how to take new baby shoes
and make them look aged.
Above is one I aged, then put my Tea Bag Roses in.
(Also a free tutorial on my side bar.) =)



  They are just slightly scruffed up as I wanted them to be 'sweet' more than old.
 I have also put my little bird nests in them as seen at beginning of post.
(tutorial for nests on side bar, too) =)

Go HERE for a tutorial on making new baby shoes look old.
See my side bar for other free tutorials, and enjoy.
Please be sure if you do any up to let me know. 
I would love to see them and show my friends too.
(the first baby shoe pin cushion I did was an idea from Dawn, at 
The Feathered Nest. She has great tutorials,too.)

I'm joing White Wedneday, 
White Wednesday 
and
(and did you see she featured my link up from last week??)

Thanks Angie & Kathleen for hosting each week!

Blessings all!!
Barbara jean

17 comments:

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Oh my word, Barbara Jean! That's are the cutest bloomin' things I've seen! Yes, by all means link them up at Knick of Time Tuesday!

I've got 2 sets of baby shoes that I love and hate to mess with, but I'm seriously tempted after seeing what you did with yours!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time Interiors

Tete said...

BJ- I thought they were vintage, oh, they look so sweet. next spring, baby shoes will be on my rummage sale list!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Babara Jean,
they are so lovely, and I love your tutorials- also the tea-roses-
Thanks for reminding me.
Hugs,Dorthe

imsteelefullofscrap said...

I absolutely adore the lil show with the nest though they are all lovely!

Old Time Cindy said...

Fun ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Barbara Jean they are beautiful!! I love all of the little roses in the one ~

Okio B Designs said...

I'm so in love with your baby shoes!

Jeanine

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Precious Barbara Jean!!!! I love the first one with your precious roses!

Just stunning my friend!

Lou Cinda

Lara said...

Прелестные башмачки!

Trisha said...

The baby shoes are precious and I love all the fun ways you have used them to decorate!

~Trisha

Tina Schiefer said...

I LOVE the little shoe I won on one of your gift-aways! I display in proudly in my dining room year-round!!!

Donna said...

Now these are just the cutest thing, ever, Barbara Jean! Wouldn't these be adorable decorations at a baby shower? Love those tea bag roses, too:)

luciwallis said...

Oh those are so sweet! Thanks for the tutorial

stefanie said...

oh, I am making on of these!!!

Lara said...

I greet you, Barbara! I really like your blog and photos. I live in Russia. I apologize for having posted comments without translation. I recently created a blog, and look through your blog long ago. I like everything in your blog.Now I can leave comments.Прелестные башмачки!- Lovely shoes!

KimMalk said...

This is just too precious for words! What a great idea distressing a new shoe.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Barbara,
Congratulations on being featured on Knick of Time!!! I can't believe it--I have a baby shoe tutorial too, but it's because I had to do a special order (to personalize in a hurry and decided to photograph it over the weekend in case people wanted to make them.)
Happy Holidays to you!!!!
XO
Cindy