Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rednesday Fun!!


I have had this graphic for 3 years and I'm sure it was 
free wherever I got it, 
so it is probaly OK to use for your art.
. If the owner will let me know, I will gladly give you credit.
Anyone know what kind of book this is?
It looks like English/German dictionary??
Thanks and Happy Wednesday
barbara jean

I'm joining in on Rednesday today! 
Update:  from two of my commentors:
it is a pocket word book- English-German-
looks old and beautiful.
One thinks now I will learn German.
Probably not. =) 
Book is for sale in my store.  

7 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Barbara Jean-yes it is a pocket word book- English-German-
looks old and beautiful.
And thankyou so much for the beautiful image- I love her, --so very kind of you dear friend- Thank you.
Hugs,Dorthe

Jane said...

Lovely graphic - thanks!
Well, I had to look up taschen (to see what kind of dictionary) & discovered there's a big art publisher with that name, but finally found that it means "pocket" or "purse", so you're right, it'a an English dictionary --- "English Pocket Dictionary" would be the translation! Probably pretty old since that's the "old style" with the funny 's'. Might be a bit difficult to read the words since they're probably written the same way. Like back in George Washington's day or earlier.
Whew! Always love a good mystery :)haha!
Jane-Jacksonville

Marilyn said...

Thanks for the cute vintage girl. I'm going to add her to my collection and use her someday.Happy New Year.♥♫

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a sweet vintage girl.
Laura

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Nun werden Sie Deutsch lernen!

NO COLOR IS BETTER THAN RED

No color is better than red
For saying what needs to be said
By way of good cheer—
So Happy New Year
To you and your kin, A to Zed.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Red Virgin and Festive Skaters

Miss Gracie's House said...

Blessings to you this new year, dear friend!
Rene

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Thanks for the pretty vintage image!
Happy New Year !