Sunday, April 10, 2011

New little cabinet, new little project, & shoe polish tip!!


Little 14 drawer chest.
Yep. You heard me right.
14 drawers. Each drawer only 1x3"
I finished 3 more Ps 139 jars.

Sold before I could even get the pics on here.
Working on more.
(would love to see yours if you make one). =)

Here is a new project.
Fun and easy.


A few hymn book pages.
Paint or stencil a cross on the front.
(Or if you had a thin wood one would work.)

Add a little piece of jewelry,
and, an Easter reminder of what the day is really about.
(edges will be shaded too.)

And speaking of shading.
Another blogger had this great idea for shading things.
Use shoe polish and a sponge.


Vicki, or Rusty Rooster Vintage
Was the shoe polish tip giver.
I should have known it was one of my regular blogs I visit.
Thanks Vicki.
(please go see her adorable blog if you have not been.
She is also having a give away!!!!

Blessings all, and Happy Monday

barbara jean

8 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love your bottles!
They are beautiful!!
That is a great tip to use
shoe polish~ Wow that would
last forever!!

xoxo
Lori

Vicki said...

Hi, Barbara Jean! Love your cabinet. The shoe polish post was mine. Did it last week some time. Glad you liked the tip. Pics on my blog.

Tete said...

Love your cabinet and your new project! Looks like you have it going on pretty good over here!
Have a great Monday!
Tete

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great little chest, Barbara Jean! It looks like it would come in handy for keeping some supplies at hand for you.

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Barb,
I LOVE your little drawer thing! Wow! I can't believe there's 14 of them!
I made a something with the Psalms verse too. But a little different. I will have to show you.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Sonya

Sonya Badgley said...

Oh and I love the piece you made with the cross!
hugs,
Sonya

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

I love your little chest! That was a great find! Love your bottles and the cross on the sheet music, too. I think I'll do that. Thanks for showing us.

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

I LOVE the little piece with all the drawers, fanatastic! And thanks for re-sharing the idea about using shoe polish, never thought of that and it looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog.