Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vintage Black Friday


Love these old framed book pages.
(hope the black frames are enough to count these in today)

Dated on the back 1919


This is the first 45 record album I've seen in years.

It had 3 records in it.
Anyone remember "Rag Doll" or "Silence is Golden"
by the 4 Seasons?
How about "Twilight Time" and "out of my Mind"


by the Platters?
And "Crimson and Clover" and
"Some Kind of Love" by
Tommy James and the Shandells?
Some fun memories from a lifetime ago.

Please join all the other gals

for Black Vintage Friday at
The French Cupboard


7 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Barbara Jean,

Those framed pages are wonderful. I can just envision how delightful they would be in a child's room decorated with all things vintage.

And what a find with that record album. The only two 45's I remember owning were one by Michael Jackson and one other by I think Kool & the Gang. Of course, that was in the late 70's.

I'm singing "Crimson and Clover" right now. :) Have a great weekend. Tammy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi ~ Love your framed pages! I used to have 45s that were colors too, like a bright yellow or red. Do you remember those? Have a wonderful weekend!!

Unknown said...

That is toooooo weird, I have that book from my childhood. I just posted a few weeks back....several pages from that book! Small world!!!

Gypsy Fish said...

Crimson and clover....over and over...we used to play my moms forty five over and over....thanks for the trip down memory lane..
hugs
Beth

blessings said...

The framed old pictures are darling! And I loved Crimson & Clover. Blessings... Polly
French Cupboard & Counting Your Blessings

Unknown said...

Love the record album and I'm proud to say yes I remember most of those songs as that is from when I was young, now I'm just young at heart. We used to play them on the jukeboxes! Nice post!

vikki said...

Crimson and Clover, one of my all time favorites! Yes I remember most of those. My youngest has never even seen a 45, how times have changed. Love your blog, so many pretties.