Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pressed Surprises & Little Dolls


I was using this old, old dictionary of ours,
to press these.
(tea stained dryer sheets.)
More coming about that soon. =)

Well,k guess what I found while flipping through the pages?

Yep. You got it.
Dried, pressed leaves I had gathered.

I found 6 all together.
This one is tuck to the page,
so I tore the whole page out and will age it and
use it in a collage the way it is.

My sweet fella said,
"You are tearing the pages out of the dictionary?"

"Yes, hon. It's like only 40 years old." =)
(plus he uses the computer, and I have a newer dictionary.)


Here is another white treat for you/
I got this baggy of 'stuff' at a garage sale.
The gal said her grandma used to make dolls,
and put clothes on them.
Aren't they sweet?
They have little porcelain hands and feet,
and are about 8" tall.
Maybe I'll make clothes for them, in my spare time. =)

And look, even her had made pin cushion was in the bag.
An how long has it been since you've seen a real diaper pin?
See it? The little bunny on the end of it?

Free Signature Generator

White Wednesday

White Wednesday I'm joining Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday.



13 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Those little baby dolls are the sweetes and the pin cushion with a real diaper pin......great find!!

Can't wait to see what you do with tea stained dryer sheets. The old dictionary is great for projects.

hugs
Sissie

Amanda at 32˙North said...

HI Barbara Jean,

So glad those sweet little dolls found a good home with you!

Amanda

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Love those dolls...as creepy as they are! LOL!! and they are wearing white: too cute!!!!

Victoria said...

Your little dolls are so cute! I had to laugh at your hubby questioning you about tearing up the dictionary...the crazy things we do in the name of crafting!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

All your things are just lovely. Wonderful.

Allison Shops said...

The dolls are adorable. Love the pincushion too. Dropping by from White Wednesday; Tailored Kitchen.

Allison
Atticmag

Paula said...

Your finds are awesome and I am keen to know what you make out of them. I love pressed tea bag sheets makes the most wondeful flowers. Wanna know what are you doing out of them. Most of the time Iam just lurking here, yet I do love your blog.

Lori said...

oh, those dollies are so sweet!!!

Susanne said...

It's taking me an extra day to get to all the WW posts. But what I really want to thank you for is your baby shoe tutorial! I've been noticing all the cute ideas, your bird nests are adorable, using baby shoes. Haven't had any luck finding vintage ones but finally found some new ones that with your technique will become "old and improved". Thanks again, Susanne.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

What Treasures, now I look forward to what the dryer sheets will be....

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Goodness!

Those little dolls are just the sweetest thing and what a great treasure find for you!!

Debbie

Faded Charm said...

I really like the look of the dried leaf on the dictionary page. Also very curious about the dryer sheets. Be sure to share with us.

Kathleen

Melly said...

Hi Barbara Jean, what gorgeous baby dolls, I can't wait to see them all dressed up and also to see what beautiful creation you'll make out of the tea stained dryer sheets and old dictionary :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Melly:)