Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mostly White Wednesday, Braggin', and What I'm Workin' On







Aren't these wonderful?
I got 5 of these beautiful, huge doilies and table clothes,
in assorted sizes and shapes, at a garage sale.
Two are very big, oblong table cloths,
and one is hand crocheted and looks like it has never been used.

These were only 50 cents each!!!!
Bet you know I was doin' the happy dance,
as I nonchalantly took my $2.50 out of my purse.



I'm braggin' on my friend Tina and her great idea for a card.
(click to see it close up)

`````````````````````````````
What I'm workin' on:
A new display room,
and cutting my work room in half!
Will I be sorry?
Time will tell. =)



Organizing....
In process:

I'm braggin' about getting organized!
Purging, and cleaning, and organizing.
Who'd think I'd be enjoying it all so much. =)

Got 4 of these little plastic trays at a garage sale for 10 cents each.
Kept shifting them around in the craft room,
thinking eventually they would be useful for something.
Started to throw them out a couple of times, but,
look, they are perfect for some of my little trinkets I craft with.
Moral of the story:
Don't ever throw anything out!!!
Just kidding. =)

Blessings on your day

Barbara Jean

OK, here is the lowdown friends.
Due to back, arm and neck problems,
I must limit my computer time.
So I will be bouncing back and forth between visiting,
doing regular posts,
and doing and special theme days.
Since I will not always have time to go link up to the special days,
I would really appreciate if you would just visit some of
these places on my side bar on their special days.
They go to a lot of work to set these up,
and they are really fun, and they expose us to a
world of things we would not otherwise see.

So go do some visiting and be sure to thank the wonderful hostesses.


I'm joining these ladies for special days on Wednesday.




Photobucket




Hugs and smiles b


12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hello
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your back and neck... man that is miserable. Love all your great finds. And doesn't it feel good to get organized
Have a great evening
rebecca

ClassyChassy said...

Have you ever seen that show on tv called Hoarders? Your craft stash looks almost like the people's houses they show on the program, except yours is much neater - and I don't see any food or wrappers or anything!!! Yep - never throw any thing away!

Leaon Mary said...

50 cents? Beautiful linens!!!
Sure hope you start feeling better soon. I think of you OFTEN!!!
Can't wait to see your room when you're finished. Bet it feels great to get all organized!!!

Tina Schiefer said...

GIRL, you get braggin' rights!!! 50 cents each?!!! I'd say you scored big time! My mom can crochet in her sleep. I've tried. ALL thumbs. Oh well. I'll keep thrifting them instead.

Thanks for the post. You're all heart! Treasures from the Heart!!!

Lululiz said...

50 CENTS EACH???? Thats such an incredible bargain, I think I'd be doing the happy dance for a whole week at least.
Take it easy and look after your back.

Anonymous said...

Barbara Jean, you have some wonderful bragables this week. Your lace is so beautiful and at that price???!!! What a true friend to think of the ideas, jot them down and pass them on to you. How sweet! It is such a good feeling to organize and purge, isn't it? My goodness, though, I wish you could start feeling better. Some of these neck problems take forever to settle down! I hope you're doing everything you can for yourself to start feeling better. That pain can get depressing! Thank you for bringing your extremely brag-worthy items to the Boardwalk Bragfest!!!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

WOW! You got a great bargain on those table cloths and doilies! I can't wait for garage sale season to start here...still a little chilly for that yet.

Best of luck with the organizing! That's something I need to do...SOON! I can't see my work table!!! Karen Valentine at My Dessert Cottage is having a blog party on Where Women Create. I think it's next month. Would you consider participating? Let me know if you want the link to her blog. Otherwise you can catch her on my blog roll.

Hope your back is feeling better soon!

Warmly,
Lori

Laura said...

I sure hope you feel better.
You have inspired me to do more organizing, and you are right- it can be fun.

Enjoyed visiting,

Laura

Miss Gracie's House said...

good for you for organizing...I so need to...and don't say hoarders to me...I think I'm a candidate! so sorry your back is giving you fits...better take care of that!
Rene'

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I adore your new crocheted pretties! ...and 50-cents each?!! Shut.Up. You lucky girl! Hope your aches fade away very soon!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love you lace items!! Stunning you should link up to Doni over at www.faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com for her new party Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Debbie

Doni said...

Hi Barbara Jean! I'm so sorry you're having a tough time and have to be careful about your computer time!! Blah! Hope you get better very soon! And thanks so much for joining us over at faithgracecrafts for Pearls and Lace Thursday!!!! Your tableclothes made my heart pound, then I really sweated when I saw what you paid for them!!! JEALOUS!@!! I'm jealous!!! Enjoy them and be sure to come back next week if you can!
Blessings, Doni