Friday, July 17, 2009






It's Pink Saturday.
Our wonderful hostess Beverly,
at
How sweet the Sound has a list of participants.

Get on over and check it out,
right after you see this.


Oh, What's this you say?

It is one of the displays at my store.
But is there any pink in there?

Let's take a closer look.

OOOH! Doilies!
I love doilies.

Oh, beautiful stitching and colors.
See the little pink flowers?

Applique.
A whole beautiful art in itself.

Love these big pink flowers.
This is a lingerie bag.


And here is a beautiful vintage tole tray.

Of course, being a painting teacher,
I love the beauty of this,
even with paint peeling.





And last but not least,
a pink Birthday Girl, in a pink birthday dress,
blowing out
pink candles, on pink frosted cupcakes.

Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet granddaughter, Ava!!!


Hope you enjoyed a bit of my store.

Blessings and Happy Pink Saturday..

Barbara Jean

PS Since my friend Sandi, over at My Yellow Door,
has received her prize now, I can show you what I sent.
A small bird nest in a flower.
Isn't it cute how he has it next to her little bird house.

(more nests and other treasures available at my gift shop.)

20 comments:

The Vintage Vignette said...

Love the tray Barb. Everything in your store is so pretty! :)

Regina said...

Beautiful!

Happy PS and a nice week ahead Barb.
Regina

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Barbara Jean! Your doilies are lovely. Such beautiful stitching and designs. Your vintage toleware tray is lovely!

Thanks for sharing your lovely pinks!

Tina

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Barbara Jean, Love the doilies. I pick them up every time I see them. They are so useful around the house. Great tray also. Happy Pink Saturday. Thanks for sharing. I have signed up to follow your blog. Can't wait to see what you show next. Please pop over and say hi, and sign up to follow my blog as well, I would be so honored. Country Hugs, Sherry

Cindy said...

Beautiful treasures. I have always wanted to take a painting class, I would take yours if I could! Blessings on your day~Cindy

Claudia said...

Beautiful pinks as always, my friend. I love doilies and anything with delicate hand stitching. Happy Pink Saturday!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love the tray! Happy Pink Saturday, Barb! I posted about your giveaway prize on my Pink Saturday post today. Have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

♥Mimi♥ said...

♥Happy Pink Satuday♥
Really cold (50s) in upper Michigan today with a dark sky. I need all the pink I can get this morning. Thanks so much for helping lift my spirits!

Wishing you a weekend filled with sunshine and happiness.

The Old Parsonage said...

I did enjoy seeing every bit of your store. I collect black tole trays, they hang in my kitchen.

Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love company!

Enjoy your Day!
Leann

seanymph said...

Barb I just wanted to let you know, Ive started another blog just for decor and crafts and things. And I posted a blog there about the giveaway you had that I won and a link to your site. You can reach that blog thru my normal site or at this address http://seanymphstreasures.blogspot.com/ if you would like to check it out. I just love that lil nest tho!

Allidink said...

Yay doilies! Yay pink doilies! LOL. Love the stuff!

All the best,
Allison

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Barbara Jean... such lovely pink goodies! Hand stitching is so special, and these are precious.

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Katie said...

All is so pretty - especially love the linens! Happiest of Pink Saturdays to you!

Mary said...

Very pretty post!
The store looks fabulous~!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Mary :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday. Adorable blog!

Stop by and enter my Lil Pink Saturday Giveaway! www.quiltsgaloreandmore.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Debbie

Lisa said...

I saw Sandi's prize she is very happy with it! Well Done You!
Your pinks are just lovely!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Lisa

caren said...

Happy Pink Saturday - I love all the things in your store!

Anonymous said...

The hand embroidered cloth/lingerie bag(?) is so lovely :-)

Belated happy birthday to the little girl :-) Those sure are yummy cupcakes :-)

Li

Anne Fannie said...

I love all your doilies. I have a few that my husband's mother had made and I am always looking for some to buy at antique stores.
Happy belated pink saturday!
~Ann

Elena said...

I enjoy your 'pink' posts .... love the doilies :)

Have a great week!
ciao for now,
Elena :)