Thursday, July 30, 2009


Get R Done Friday


It's Get R Done Friday.

Check out our projects,
then get on over to
Expressly Corgi
to see what else is going on.


This weeks Get R Done is actually my husband
getting a big project done.

He's been working on the fountain on our patio.

He leveled it all out,

Dug a hole,




built a flagstone wall around it,
and lined it with heavy plastic from work,
and put the fountain back in place,
and filled the 'moat' with water.

Isn't it great?!!


And after all that work,
he rested.




Here is a wee bit of a Get R Done I did.

I've had this simple black pure for over a year.
I kept looking for just the right trim to jazz it up.
(sorry, I know this is hard to see.)


It suddenly hit me that i had two of these
sparkling beauties i had bought at garage slaes.

So, I hand sewed one on,

and,

wallah!!!
F A N C Y !!

-------------------
That's it for this week.

Blessings,

Barbara Jean

10 comments:

Sammy Girl said...

Howdy BJ!
I have a short Get R Done this week. Your garage sale inspired me.
Maybe some pics tomorrow ....
Betty :)
ps - I linked to you since I couldn't get the linky thing right ....
B :)

Angela said...

I love what you did to that purse! It sure did give it some life that I needed! And your fountain turned out great too!

You had better get your eyes taken care of girl! It takes a lot of time getting things done but it sure is worth being able to see things in the morning!

Get R Done!
Angela

ClassyChassy said...

I guess we are all Mr. Linky impaired this week! I had trouble posting it, and you didn't post till later, and SammyGirl thought she did it wrong - but we GOT R DONE, didn't we??? Thanks for co-hosting, Barb - nice fountain....but tell DH that only on the 7th day can he rest....!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Barbara, your purse is beautiful...but your fountain is priceless!!! He really deserves that nap!!!!
Marcela & Clara

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Barb,
Love it! I love what you did to the purse! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

2 Dogs said...

The fountain looks good and I like the resting part.

Wildflowerhouse said...

That DH of yours can rest anytime he wants to. What a sweetie. Bard drop over to my blog as there is something there for you! Sharon
PS Love that purse.

Kammy said...

Hi Barb !
Those men are handy and they do deserve a rest after such labor...
I love your new purse and that fountain makes me want one real bad !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Allidink said...

Yay a fountain! Love what you did with the purse too sooo cute!

All the best,
Allison

Leaon Mary said...

love the fountain!
yerguy did GRRREAT!
IS he still sleeping? lololol