Tuesday, June 30, 2009





TRASH TO TREASURE TUESDAY!!

check out Kimm's blog,
Reinvented,
for more wonderful re purposing ideas.

Thanks for hosting Kimm.

I'm just going to show you an easy idea
for decorating for the 4th.
I got this idea form another blog,
but sorry i do not know where.

I did not have much in the way of decor
for a bit of Patriotic display for the store,
but here is what i did.

I just gathered up anything that was red, white, or blue,
and put it all together in a display.


I already had this little chair that was red,
so I just tucked in some teddy bears i
added flags and banners to.
A little bit of blue fab with white stars, and a basket.



This is a pic of the whole display.
Like i said, I just used
anything red, white, or blue i had.
A phone, wagon, some red and white shoes,
a red tray, little red and blue apple dress.
(I mean what is more American that apple pie?) =0)

So if you need a bit of Patriotic display, just search your house,
and see what you can find.
Group them together on a little table in the entry or on your porch,
and there you have it!!

OK you guys. Send in more ideas of things you could use
that might just be laying around
and go on over to my gift shop blog for more great ideas.

God Bless America!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

16 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a great idea! One doesn't have to have 4th of July themes. Just the colors!
Brenda

Apple Tree Cottage said...

Barbara Jean, your display makes we want to sing "Yankee Doodle"!! You have such a knack for combining pieces to end up with a beautiful display. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Love, Martha

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It all looks wonderful. Beautiful vignette. Hugs, Marty

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a great display! Red white and blue alwas looks good!

CHER said...

so cute that i am tempted to paint my little chair red. have a blessed day!!cher

Jane said...

Great display!

ClassyChassy said...

Nice job on your selling blog!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, you have a lot of Red, White and Blue stuff! I love the phone and the shoes with red laces. I have a pair of red shoes with white stars, I should totally put them somewhere next to my Blue and white polka dot espadrilles! Thanks for the idea!

My Little Raggedy Blessings said...

Looks great Barb ,love that americana look :) Have a good day!!!

Hugs
Renae

Nicole A. said...

It looks Awesome! I love your display! Thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

Genius!

Tootsie said...

very cute!

xinex said...

How nice and patriotic! Happy Independence Day!...Christine

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a creative mind! I never thought of gathering up red-white-and-blue things like that!

Allidink said...

Very very very cute! I want to visit your store!!!

All the best,
Allison

Unknown said...

Such great advice, my friend. Wish I would have thought of it! :)
I wish i could visit your shop, it looks adorable. Enjoy your holiday weekend!
Kimm