Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finally, Before and After

OK, I had before and after photos, but somehow always get things backwards on this.
Here is the half finished fireplace area.
I did something different this time, and making it tans, creams and blacks, with touches of reds.
People will be very surprised when they come in as the rest of the shop is creams and whites, with a few pastels and burgandy's thrown in.
This is the begining of our sewing corner. Not sure what happened to the old singer sewing machine photo. I think my computer eats things! =0)
Soon we'll have various signs for quilters and other sewing related items.

I have had tea time areas since we opened, but have found something new, and they are wonderful!!! They are called "tea roses". They are little paper roses with tea bags in them.
So cute, and you just put the rose and all in the tea cup. So beautiful sitting around on the table. Would make a wonderful gift for a friend, place card settings, or a bouquet for a centerpiece.
There are also tee-nee tussies. Mini tea roses with tea bags each bagged in cellophane to keep them fresh.
If you love tea parties these are a must have.
The tea time sign is one I painted myself. Another photo of the little tea display. This is my very first "vintage" pin cushion. I've been collecting things for months to make pin cushions that are very unique, and one of a kind. More of these will be coming soon, ranging in style from vintage, to foo foo, to primitive. I love it all.
This pin cushion is about 10" tall and 3" around, and can actually be used, but would also be beautiful as a conversation or display piece.
On the top is an old earring. Sorry I didn't think to get a photo of the top of it.
In front of it are locket ornaments for photos.
Pin cushion $11.00 SOLD
Lockets $3.00
Click on photos to enlarge
All for now, but here will be a continuous flow of new photos as i get more areas and projects completed.
Blessings on your day, and remember: whatever you do, do it with your whole heart as unto the Lord.
Barb

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting my blog today! I love the little sewing corner in the shop! So sweet! I'll be back to check on how things are coming along!